2014 Sill-TerHar Motors Pro Pick Em Challenge (“Contest”)
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. The Contest is sponsored by 102.3 ESPN/105.5 ESPN (KDSP/KJAC) (the “Station”), Sill-TerHar Motors and other sponsors (“Sponsors”).
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 through Sunday, December 28th, 2014 approximately 15 minutes prior to the first game starting, participants may register to play in aforementioned contest at ESPNDenver.com. Each participant must complete the registration process to become eligible to play. The registration is a simple process that involves filling out their contact information and making a password selection. Once registered, participants may make their game selections. Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. The Station, Sponsors, game provider, insurance provider and prize provider are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc., which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff game and predict the score for the winning and losing team for designated the tie-breaker game. You may enter your picks and score predictions until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to select a winner for any game, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a weekly prize if you fail to select a winner for more than one game in a given week, and you are not eligible to win the grand prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games – 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
Conference Finals – 8 points
Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the most points for each week of the pro football regular season will be deemed a weekly prize winner and will be entered as that week’s Grand Prize Qualifier. Participants can be deemed the Grand Prize qualifier a maximum of 17 times. After the final NFL game has been played a random Grand Prize Winner will be selected through a drawing using all of the 17 Grand Prize Qualifiers.
In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All results posted are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
4. PRIZE: Prizes are as follows:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner with the highest overall point total will receive:
2 year lease on a 2015 Ford F-150 Truck courtesy of Sill-TerHar Motors.
*Grand Prize winner is responsible for applicable taxes on two (2) year lease.
TOTAL ESTIMATED PRIZE VALUE: $17,400.00
- OR -
TOTAL ESTIMATED PRIZE VALUE: $2,500.00
One (1) top overall point scorer for the entire season, including playoffs and Super Bowl,
will receive a big screen TV from Paul’s TV. TOTAL ESTIMATED PRIZE VALUE: $900.00
The top four (4) weekly participants will receive a prize as followed:
· 1st place will receive: Entry into Grand Prize Drawing and Autographed Broncos Memorabilia (value $250)
· 2nd place will receive: A gift card to Honey Smoked Salmon (value $94.95)
· 3rd place will receive: A gift card to i-Fly (value $60)
· 4th place will receive: A gift card South Philly Cheesesteak (value $50)
The staff of the Station will make arrangements for winners to receive their prizes. Prize Winners will be required to present his/her Colorado State issued ID to claim their prize(s). Prize(s) are non-transferable and may not be substituted, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein (including but not limited to taxes, personal charges, tips, gratuities, deliver charges, any additional costs, etc.) are solely the responsibility of the winners. No responsibility is assumed by Winners may be required to come to the Station Business Offices located at ESPN Denver, 10200 E. Girard Ave. Bldg. B, Ste #150, Denver, CO 80231 on the date specified by the staff of the Station to present his/her Colorado State issued ID and to claim their prize(s). Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) set forth herein and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses unless otherwise set forth in these rules. Other restrictions may apply.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS: Contest is offered only to residents of Colorado who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Only one winner per household. Employees of the Station, Front Range Sports Network, Sill-TerHar Motors, UPick’em, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. This Contest is not open to other Denver Metro/ Fort Collins/ Greeley Radio/TV station employees, and their immediate families, agencies and representatives. The term “immediate family members” include spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to the Station upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. The Station will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Winners of a major any Station contest (any contest with prizes valued over $599) within the past six months are not eligible. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed. Military Exemption Clause: In the case of Active Military (United States Armed Forces) employees, who are based in Colorado but do not claim Colorado as their official residence on their Federal/State IRS Tax Forms are exempt from the Colorado Residency clause. Active Military based in Colorado do not need to be a legal resident of Colorado, however they must be based in Colorado under their US Armed Forces orders with the expectation that they will remain in Colorado for at least 6 more months.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Winner(s) will be required to waive any and all claims against ESPN Denver (KDSP/KJAC) (the “Station”), The Contest is sponsored by 102.3 ESPN/105.5 ESPN (KDSP/KJAC) (the “Station”), Sill-TerHar Motors, UPick’em, their affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives for personal injury or loss which may occur from the participation in this Contest or from the receipt or use of any prize. By participating in this Contest entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. By entering the Contest or by winning, entrants grant to the Contest Entities the right to publicize the participant’s name, photograph, image, video, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. Winner(s) must execute any required affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within two weeks of winning. The Station retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of the Station are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any other reason, the prize will be forfeited and revert back to the Station. The laws of the State of Colorado shall govern this Contest, without regard to Colorado’s choice of law rules. The courts of Colorado shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Colorado. Prize(s) may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are responsibility of winner. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control—this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or cable modem service, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; failure of any entry to be received in whole or in part by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service; communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service; damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants’ ISP, DSL, or cable modem access, “worms,” or viruses or any other problems of any description or nature which may prohibit, prevent or interfere with the acquisition, completion or submission of an entry; (2) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize or any other materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entry forms; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing or in the event of an ownership or format change, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in its sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
7. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit ESPNDenver.com or send an SASE to, Sill-TerHar Motors NFL Pro Pick Em Challenge, 10200 E. Girard Ave. Bldg. B, Ste. #150, Denver, CO. 80231. Official rules supersede all other published editions. The Station reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law.
For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) to: Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101 or Requests must be received by February 28, 2015. A list of winners’ names is also available at the Station, c/o “Sill-TerHar Motors Pro PickEm Challenge", 10200 E. Girard Ave. Bldg. B, Ste. #150, Denver, CO. 80231, provided you send an SASE no later than February 28th, 2015
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc. The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
©2013 Second Street Media, Inc.