2013 Mountain West Conference Tournament (“Contest”)
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
The Contest is sponsored by 102.3 ESPN (KDSP) and 105.5 ESPN (KJAC) (the ““Stations””), Valley Nissan, Mountain West Conference Tournament and other sponsors (“Sponsors”).
1. HOW TO ENTER:
a) Beginning Wednesday, February 13th, 2013, through approximately 5:30pm Monday, February 18th, 2013, participants can enter to win at the front counter at Valley Nissan at 1005 Ken Pratt Blvd, Longmont, CO 80501, during business hours.
2. WINNER SELECTION: On February 18th, 2013, at approximately 5:45pm, the “stations” will draw one (1) Prize Winner from all eligible entries received for the Prize to the Mountain West Conference Tournament and announce the winner on air. Odds being the Grand Prize Winner depends on the number of eligible entries. Need not be present to win.
3. PRIZE: One Prize Winner will receive the following:
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE OF PRIZE: $1,580.00
The staff of The “Stations” will make arrangements for winner to receive their prize. The Prize Winner will be required to present his/her Colorado State issued ID to claim their prize(s). Prize(s) are non-transferable and may not be substituted, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value. Travel must be taken on the specified travel dates. Once a reservation is made, no changes are permitted. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner and his or her guest. All travel must be taken on the dates specified; no alternative travel dates are available. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. Prize Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. Prize Winner and travel guest must possess all necessary documentation required for air travel (e.g., valid photo identification). The “Stations” will not be responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced trip documentation. Replacements documents will not be provided. All original travel documents must be available to be presented to the parties that require such documentation. Unused travel will be forfeited. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein (including but not limited to taxes, personal charges, meals, tips, gratuities, room service charges, any additional costs charged to the room, and other incidental expenses) are solely the responsibility of the Prize Trip Winner and their guest. Prize Trip Winner and/or guest will be required to present a valid debit, credit card or cash for hotel incidentals upon hotel check-in. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of hotel arrangements. Both the Prize Trip Winner and the travel guest will be required to sign a travel release before any travel occurs. No responsibility is assumed by the “Stations” if the Trip is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, any force majeure event such as hurricane, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, insurrection, or terrorist threat. In the event of such cancellation, the “Stations” shall not have any further liability or obligation to the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will have twenty-four (24) business hours to accept/decline the Trip and provide the staff of the “Stations” their legal name and that of their travel companion. Upon confirmation of the names no alteration, changes or substitutions will be made (i.e. name transfers). The Prize Trip Winner will then need to come to the “Stations” Business Offices located at 10200 E. Girard Ave. Blgd. B, Ste #400, Denver, CO. 80231 on the date specified by the staff of the “Stations” to present his/her Colorado State issued ID and to claim the prize. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) set forth herein and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses unless otherwise set forth in these rules. Other restrictions may apply.
4. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS: Contest is offered only to residents of Colorado who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. One entry per person. One winner per household. Winners need not be present to win. Employees of the “Stations”, Valley Nissan, Mountain West Conference Tournament their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. This Contest is not open to other Denver metro Radio/TV station employees, and their immediate families, agencies and representatives. The term “immediate family members” include spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to the Station upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. The Station will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Winners of a major any Station contest (any contest with prizes valued over $599) within the past six months are not eligible. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed. Military Exemption Clause: In the case of Active Military (United States Armed Forces) employees, who are based in Colorado but do not claim Colorado as their official residence on their Federal/State IRS Tax Forms are exempt from the Colorado Residency clause. Active Military based in Colorado do not need to be a legal resident of Colorado, however they must be based in Colorado under their US Armed Forces orders with the expectation that they will remain in Colorado for at least 6 more months.
5. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Winner(s) will be required to waive any and all claims against the “Stations”, Valley Nissan, Mountain West Conference Tournament, their affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives for personal injury or loss which may occur from the participation in this Contest or from the receipt or use of any prize. By participating in this Contest entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. By entering the Contest or by winning, entrants grant to the Contest Entities the right to publicize the participant’s name, photograph, image, video, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. Winner(s) must execute any required affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within two weeks of winning. The Station retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of the Station are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any other reason, the prize will be forfeited and revert back to the Station. The laws of the State of Colorado shall govern this Contest, without regard to Colorado’s choice of law rules. The courts of Colorado shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Colorado.
Prize(s) may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are responsibility of winner. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control—this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or cable modem service, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; failure of any entry to be received in whole or in part by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service; communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service; damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants’ ISP, DSL, or cable modem access, “worms,” or viruses or any other problems of any description or nature which may prohibit, prevent or interfere with the acquisition, completion or submission of an entry; (2) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize or any other materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entry forms; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing or in the event of an ownership or format change, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in its sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNER(S):To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit the “Stations” or send an SASE to, 10200 E. Girard Ave. Bldg. B, Ste. #150, Denver, CO. 80231. Official rules supersede all other published editions. The “Stations” reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. A list of winner(s) names is available at the Station, “102.3 ESPN c/o “2013 Mountain West Conference Tournament”, 10200 E. Girard Ave. Bldg. B, Ste. #150, Denver, CO. 80231, provided you send an SASE after February 18, 2013.